Thursday, September 30, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.) I have another date with Ronnie tonight. Monday he said he was still 'taking it easy' on me, since my muscles were just getting back into lifting. He said today would be harder. Thanks to Monday's workout, I couldn't walk up or down stairs without a noticeable limp until this morning. I'm a little scared.

2.) Yesterday I got back into the pool for the first time since moving. The pool in my gym is underwhelming, to say the least, and doesn't provide kickboards or pull bouys. I was aiming for 2000 yards, but quickly realized that while my lungs have slowly adjusted to running at high altitude, my lungs for swimming have not. I felt as though I might actually be having a heart attack, with chest pains and burning lungs. I stuck it out for only 1400 yards, including 6 or 7 50 sprints. In 30 minutes, I only burned 250 calories and was a bit disappointed with this workout. As much as I love swimming, it just doesn't work my body the way almost every other workout can.

3.) My ipod shuffle is indestructible. As of yesterday, it has officially been dropped from a speeding bike, run over by a car, and dropped into the pool. I have underwater headphones and somehow the cover managed to unclip yesterday with my first push off of the wall. Luckily I noticed, popped up out of the water and caught the shuffle, but it definitely was submerged. I held my breath and plugged it back in - it kept right on going!

1 comment:

  1. #3 I am totally blaming you. Last night in the pool my shuffle totally stopped working for NO REASON AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete