Friday, September 24, 2010

Rudi and Ronnie

Ronnie is my new trainer. He's about 2 inches shorter than me and tucks his shirt into his gym shorts. He goes into semi long and involved stories about what muscles we're working and why we are working them, in addition to demonstrating the correct form. He's very nice and I've even forgiven the fact that he's originally from New Jersey.

He kicked my butt. We only really lifted for about 20 minutes, after he was done weighing me, measuring the circumference of every appendage, and calculating the my percentage of chub bub (which was a humbling experience, btw). But man alive, am I sore. After doing chest and arm machines, we moved on to free weights, where I demonstrated for him my extreme balance and grace on the bosu ball (which is essentially a pilates ball cut in half, so its on a flat surface). After I wobbled around a bit, he assured me that he wouldn't let me fall over, adding in that he caught a 300 lb woman mid-fall just last week. Awesome.

So Ronnie and I will have bi-weekly dates for the next month or so. After a few sessions, he'll come at me with that damn tape measure and body fat pincher again so we can document my progress, and preferably by then I'll have numbers that don't make me want to cry!

2 comments: