Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday Success

I finally got in a weekend workout. I've never been very good at working out on the weekends, especially if I don't do it first thing. Even when I had Katie texting my butt out of bed on Sunday mornings to run before football, it was only 50/50. Usually one or the other (ok, it was mostly me) would whine and groan about going and half the time would bail. One bitter cold January our heat had broken and I had stayed at a friends house and was both hungover and unwilling to go back to my 40 degree house and put on nearly frozen running clothes.

So after going to the mall and the local farmer's market this morning, I was not optimistic about working out. I actually had a glass of wine and took a nap on the couch before finally getting my act together and hauling down to the treadmill in my building.

Since I am run/walking my 3.1 mile loop tomorrow morning and my legs are tired and sore from lifting (a rarity in my life), I decided to just put on a movie on TBS and walk. 47 minutes for around 430 calories - not too shabby! I even brought down my reading and did some homework.

I'm anxiously awaiting my first training session upon my return from Padre Island. In addition to exercising while on travel, I'm vowing to avoid eating french fries (another one of my vices). Keep me honest, people!


No comments:

Post a Comment