Friday, September 10, 2010

Reality Check

I've made no secret of the fact that I have been floundering in my gym going and healthy eating since moving to Denver (ok, and when I lived in Arlington, too). I am well aware that I am heavier than I would like to be (my tight pants let me know, too, in case I haven't been paying enough attention).

But nothing quite hit home like a picture from this weekend, which, with a great feeling of humility and accountability, I am going to post:

Holy toledo, raging stomach. It was a big reality check to see how dumpy and frumpy I looked in an outfit I actually previously thought I looked ok in. Sure, I'm being caught unaware by this picture, but that means that this is HOW I REALLY LOOK. And that's a hard pill to swallow.

Thankfully, before I even saw this picture, I was already getting myself back on track. After two weeks of being really good with getting in my workouts and reducing the amount of beer and pizza in my life, Labor Day weekend arrived and I was off track until yesterday. But I finally got myself back into the gym and cooked up a healthy meal for myself before logging into facebook and frantically untagging this picture.

At my gym, each member gets a free 'fitness assessment' which is essentially a free personal training session, so yesterday I had just happened to sign up for mine and was toying with the idea of getting a personal trainer (they have an 8 session package deal for a really good price right now). So I'm taking the extra income I have now (thank you Denver for your low cost of living, and whichever neighbor I'm stealing internet from!) and reinvesting it in future Rudi. A healthier Rudi that doesn't require a seven step process to fit into freshly washed jeans.

I've started to run out of things to blog about each morning (this weekend's events only consist of a Rockies game, homework, and Sunday Funday), so I might switch to writing about how my fitness goals are coming along. Next week I'm traveling to Padre Island National Seashore for a public meeting and my lone goal is to sneak in a morning run on the beach!

ok. So, the stats to go along with that picture:
Weight: 148.2
Body Fat %: 1000 (approximate)
Pant size: 8/10 (I'm in an 8 today, but its not pretty)
Avg Mile pace: 10:30 (5.5 mph)

Determined to make these numbers drop!

1 comment:

  1. ok, first of all, I know you don't want to hear THIS, but you don't look that bad, so breathe. :) i had to enlarge the photo to figure out why you didn't like it and even then thought, hey, she looks cute!

    BUT. i know what it's like to feel the way you do, so i'm sending tons of virtual support and running love your way. I think getting a trainer is an amazing way to invest in yourself and will make you both healthier and happier!!! go Rudi go! you can do it!

    ReplyDelete