Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back at it

Yesterday I finally had my first day of getting into a workable routine. It felt good. Since moving to Denver, I've had a hard time balancing beer, running, and filling my evenings. I left work around 4:45 and sped over to the nearby gym. Since I have workout ADD, I hopped on the elliptical for 15 minutes, then ran a mile (at 5.4 mph) and then hopped on the similar-to-the-elliptical-but-the-ramp-changes-angles machine for another 15. (Anyone know what this is called???)

It was a great 45 minute workout and burned me a total 480 calories! Woo!! That's 3 'good' beers worth of calories!

I was out of the gym by 5:45, home, showered, and ready to go by 6:45 so I headed off for trivia night. It was at a bar I haven't been to yet - the Tavern Uptown located just up the street at 17th and Pearl. Apparently this is akin to Dupont Circle - the gayborhood. While our team didn't dominate like we had the previous week, we were in the top five. The questions were a bit more challenging, but I really hope trivia becomes a weekly event.

Since miller lite and bud light were on special, I reverted back to my old ways and had five light beers for the evening. Given my strong workout and small meals, I was still on track for the day! It was very satisfying that I have finally found a way to keep to my workouts while still sneaking in some beers.

2 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! glad you're feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I had two Sweet Child of Vines and an open faced turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy...but it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete