Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I did whatnow?

Somehow when I wasn't looking, I started running double digit miles in a week. Two weeks ago, I ran 12 miles, last week I ran 13. This week I'm on schedule for about 14 or 15.

That pretty much blows my mind. I never used to keep track of things like this. Never knew how fast I was running or how far in a week. I just showed up when Katie told me to (mostly, unless it was a Sunday morning...). Between actually running on my own now and logging my runs into Daily Mile (the little widget in the right hand corner of this blog), I'm amazed to see how far I've come in just over a month.

Yesterday I met with a trainer at my gym for one of my free training sessions that I got for joining the gym. I really liked her. After the weighing/measuring bit (which I did not care for) she really kicked my butt in 26 minutes!! I'm all sorts of good sore today. Since I got two one hour sessions for signing up, she was extremely nice and split the next session into two half hour sessions, so I really get three! After that, I get a free pilates reformer class with her, too. Once I survive all of that, I'm contemplating buying 8 half hour sessions with her (if I'm a good doobie and pay off my credit card first).

With sore legs, I headed for home, threw down some chicken, and headed back out to go for a run around Wash Park with my new friend Julia (thanks, LAPT!). We met up with the Tuesday Wash Park running group and did the 2.6 mile loop. My legs had a bit of trouble warming up, but felt good just about the time the run was over. 10:47 pace overall.

Overall, I feel like I'm finally getting back into shape - slowly but surely!

No comments:

Post a Comment