Tuesday, March 22, 2011

#Winning!

Last week, my friend did a post about winning, a la Charlie Sheen, asked what we were all winning at.

Last week I would have said I was winning at running. I've consistently stuck to my running routine, no small feat for me, and was adding a mile to my long runs each week. That is until Sunday. Saturday brought about mimosas and poor eating, so I'm not really surprised that I could barely eek out 6.25 miles on Sunday when I had 7 on the roster. It broke my heart to have such a poor run, but motivated me to stick with the good eating/no drinking plan I'd been contemplating starting.

Today is day two of that plan. Mostly I'm just tired. Veggies don't fill me up like carbs do (and no worries, I haven't cut out carbs - I would be horrible to be around if I did). I feel like I can eat a massive quantity of lettuce or carrots or sugar snap peas and still be hungry within about 5 minutes. I switched out my normal greek yogurt and apple at lunch for tunafish in a lettuce wrap. It was decent, but needed a little something. I was hungry within 30 minutes so I had sugar snap peas. Then an apple. Then carrots and peanut butter. I was still starving by the time I went to the gym, but I was out of food at work. For dinner, I had broccoli, a salad, and oodles of chicken. All in all, I had over 100 grams of protein for the and had been aiming for about 75. Win!

Interestingly enough, yesterday I also got my "Nutrition Action" newsletter in the mail that my parents got both my sister and I for christmas (trying to tell us something, hmmm?). It talked about how much protein you need for muscle repair to supplement strength training and how your body really can't process more than 30 grams at any one time (whoops, 45 grams at dinner!).

Today I've brought turkey, sprouts, little bit of cheese in a lettuce wrap again. Here's hoping I finally find something that keeps me full!

2 comments:

  1. Was that friend me?!? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

    So I've found that a biiiig salad (like, one that covers a whole plate) fills me up if I put half of it in a whole-wheat wrap. I get the carbs, and it also feels like I'm getting a sandwich + salad, when really my salad is just so big that it fills a wrap, too.

    In today's salad I have: spinach, sliced mushrooms, celery, grape tomatoes, roasted broccoli, corn salsa (instead of dressing), a couple olives, and a little bit of raw broccoli. My salads change from day to day depending on what's in the fridge. If I need extra protein, I'll throw in light tuna fish or some canned beans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do not understand all this stuff about winning.

    ReplyDelete