Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blogging Slacker

So, every morning I have had the intention of writing a blog post recapping my DC bucket list. What I'd recommend, what was overrated, etc, etc. But it seems like such a daunting task. After all, that's going to be one LONG blog! So instead, every morning I've haphazardly found something else to blog about in order to procrastinate just one more day.

Today is no different. This morning I FINALLY made it down to the gym in my apartment building before work. I slogged out 30 minutes on the elliptical, which was surprisingly difficult. Without feeling like I was putting in much effort, my heart rate got to 171 and I was sweating quite a bit. But its a start. And a good one at that.

Given that I was up early, it was no surprise that I made it to work early and am feeling productive (non-work related blogging aside). I always know how good exercise makes me feel afterwards, its just that push of making myself do it. But, for now at least, I am motivated to keep going. Also motivating? My pants are starting to get snug again (shakes fist at delicious yet caloric good beer).

But today, I need that feeling of productivity to plow through some work as well as knock out one of my last few papers of grad school. After work, I'm locking myself up in my office and I'm not leaving until at least 10 pages are staring back at me (safely saved in several place, including email. I do not want a repeat of the spring semester!)

How do you guys motivate to get your workout done?? Any tricks or tips?

1 comment:

  1. last papers of grad school! I'm so jealous & excited for you. it was soooo hard to get out of bed this morning and ride. ugh. still not sure how i did it.

    ReplyDelete