Thursday, August 5, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.) Last night I officially became a volunteer for the Red Cross. The Mile High chapter is MUCH more efficient than the Arlington chapter. My first training session is saturday (yikes!) and I've signed up for the Disaster Action Team. Basically, I'll haul my butt out of bed at 2 in the morning upon occasion and help families and firefighters at fire scenes.

2.) I've got plans for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with DIFFERENT PEOPLE. This is impressive and I'm hoping to expand the number of people I know. It's really hard to form a social circle from scratch.

3.) Earlier in the week, the space heater I keep under my desk broke (well, actually it started smelling like electrical burning and then was sparking. I'm too afraid to turn it back on). Oddly enough, I'm having trouble finding another space heater in August, so I'm instead wearing a giant cardigan sweater and slippers while at my desk. Brr.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about volunteering with the the red cross... You are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete