Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ready for Some Football

It's so very close to being that time of year. Football season. With training camps in full swing, I now have new news to read when I log into the NFL section of ESPN.com. Unlike last year, the Eagles seem to be staying fairly healthy during camp, unlike last year when our offensive line dropped like flies.

I'm pretty excited for the season to start, not only to sit guilt-free in a bar for hours on end every sunday but also to see how the young team pulls together. I have faith in Kevin Kolb (if you're curious how to pronounce his name, my Fantasy Football team is named "Corn on the Kolb"), but we have have a solid group of receivers. The defense last year left plenty to be desired, but with some new safeties on board, I am eager to see how the Eagles D shapes up. The Eagles went from having one of the best and most impressive Defensive lines (also the heaviest, I believe - mmmm cheesesteaks), to fairly pitiful last year. It was disheartening to watch missed tackles and our blitz-heavy defense playing sloppy.

So while I'm eager to see a new Eagles team (I had two more paragraphs written about the offense and trading McNabb, but I'll spare you all), I am also very excited for bottomless mimosas at the bar down the street and drinking copious amounts of beer in good company while mentally tallying up fantasy team points. There truly is no better game and no better time of year.

2 comments:

  1. yeah. last year was freakin sloppy. but i also am excited for this year! and beer! and long runs. alone. sad faces. ok, i'm done here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder I never remember stats from year to year. I'm always too drunk! I cannot wait for fball season!!!

    ReplyDelete